Sugar Free Ice Cream Cone Recipe
These are sweet, crispy and go perfectly with sugar free ice cream
We looked everywhere for a sugar free ice cream cone recipe without artificial sweeteners. There were none! These are sweet, crispy and go perfectly with our sugar free chocolate ice cream recipe or our sugar-free vanilla ice-cream.
You use just a little honey which complements the ground almonds, and there is no oil used at all so these are only 124 kcal each!
You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon if you like it. We would, it reminds us of waffles.
Now to support the cones while baking: The dough isn't extremely delicate but it will need holding up, so we came up with a way to use a low-tech material most of you will already have to hand. Tin foil! Cut a rectangle a little bit taller than you want the cones to be. They are more than strong enough to hold up the pastry if you're using the heavy duty variety, but if it's quite thin then you might want to double up the thickness.
The dough will hold together better if you roll it out between sheets of baking paper, then gently roll it straight on to your foil cone. Make sure to seal the end before baking. As soon as it's cooled down, fill to overflowing with sugar free chocolate ice cream!
Crispy Easy Sugar Free Ice Cream Cone Recipe
Recipe Category: Dessert
Recipe Cuisine: French
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Rating: 4.91 from 11 votes
- 1 Egg White
- 3 Level Teaspoons Honey
- 70g Plain Flour
- 70g Ground Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (380F)
- Whisk the egg white and honey until combined, then mix in the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and cinnamon into a light dough
- Make tinfoil cones to support the dough while baking
- Divide dough into 6 balls and roll out thinly to 2mm thick between 2 sheets of baking paper
- Bake for 4 minutes upright, 4 minutes on the side, remove foil and bake for a final 4 minutes
- Allow to cool then serve filled with one of our ice cream recipes!