If you want to impress your family and friends with a delicious artisan loaf that doesn't require kneading, try this no sugar bread recipe
209 kcal per serving
Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy Bread Recipe
Posted: 5th September 2019
This wholemeal bread recipe is so easy, you might not buy bread again. You do need time to allow it to rise but there is no kneading, and it's all done without a bread maker. Leave the dough in the bowl, cover it and leave in a warm place.
There are endless variations of breads you can make with this recipe. Just swap the pumpkin seeds for any other nuts or seeds you like. If you want to miss out the oats, reduce the water to 400ml.
This bread is so lovely just with butter, or we eat it all the time as a starter drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Many recipes advise to add sugar, but it's really not necessary, the bread will still rise on it's own. The warm water helps to activate the yeast for a faster rise. There's no need for an exact temperature, just hand hot - so that it's not too hot to touch, but not luke warm either.
There's even no need for a loaf tin, it will hold its shape just fine while baking and you get an impressive-looking artisan rustic loaf.
Just before it goes in the the oven, you can brush with water and press seeds into the crust.
It's perfect for a plain salad sandwich, simple and healthy!
Easy Bread Recipe
Recipe Category: Bread
Recipe Cuisine: International
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 500g Wholemeal Flour
- 2 tsp Dried Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- 100g Pumpkin Seeds
- 100g Oats
- 450ml Warm Water
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add the warm water and mix with a knife
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for around 1 hour
- Dust with flour and roll into a long loaf shape, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- At this point you could cover the dough and allow it to rise again for a lighter bread
- Bake at 200°c for 35 to 40 minutes, until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom